Once this project is hopefully in couple of days ready for testing I will aim also to test it on some other people than me. But Hopeanuoli is still a bit too bad shape for that. Although I’m used to drive with car’s that are bit cranky, I’m not sure if I know anyone (besides my little brother) who is able to do this without focusing to running of a car engine with each and every brain cell one has. There is also still some tension in the air as there is still change that I need to put this puppy to sleep if I find that he’s to sick to go on. Luckily the neighbourhood I live has an open garage where it is possible to do some reparations with decent tools. As I now had a street legal car I could drive it of my parents yard and continue the building with more professional environment.
After changing the oil and oil filter I adjusted the valves. It seems that at least one valve was adjusted incorrectly as exhaust and inhaust valves seemed to have opposite values they should have. More importantly I noticed that the small bar connecting accelerator pump to gas throttle was missing. This basically means that every time you hit the gas pedal, engine won’t get enough gas and coughs. This fits perfectly to symptoms. I’ll visit some junk yard tommorrow and try to get replacement part which would enable someone else also drive the car by this Thursday.
I also did find interesting meter from the garage that can be used in metering rpm, richness of the gas/air mixture, spark timing etc. I’ll also try that tommorrow.