TANR V2 Assembly manual
Jari Suominen @ 2016
Parts (in order of appearance)
- 34 x 26 lines piece of spot board
- 2 x 8 DIL socket
- 10K trimmer + axle
- on-on switch
- 7805 voltage regulator
- 2 x 2n2 capacitor (222)
- 220uF capacitor (electrolytic (polarity!))
- 4 x 3M extension nuts with a nut and a plate
- 9V battery holder + a screw
- 1N4005 diode
- 28 x 10 lines piece of spot board
- A merry mixture of >= 1M6 resistors
Assembly order that might make sense!
Flipside layout with metal wire traces. Be precise with the exact location of the traces!
- Take a postcard and make holes in it matching the holes in corners of the spotboard piece.
- Screw in legs to these holes, but for the 'wrong' side. Postcard comes to a non copper side and at this point the legs too.
- Solder in DIL sockets for Attiny85 and lm386. You should make holes for the pins on the card with a sharp object.
- Solder in potentiometer and power switch (bend legs a bit on that one).
- Solder 7805 and 220uF capacitor.
- Solder speaker element.
- Connect everything that needs to be connected with metal wire.
- Install keyboard and battery holder (hot glue and metal wire helpfull here).
- Solder diode between battery + and board.
- Connect battery to switch / ground wires.
- BEHOLD! WE SHOULD HAVE SOME NOISE NOW!
- Connect keyboard to the circuits with resistors (two lines from attiny pins and one from 5V). Add two 222 capacitors also.
- Be artistic and build metal wire areas to your keyboard starting from 3 points connected in previous step. You can add more areas and connect the to existing ones with resistors.